We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Vegetable soup
I had been to my support group Spotlight UK and they had been given a load of food from Waitrose to give out and I was given loads so I thought that I would make something before it went off as it was past its shelf life, but perfectly alright.
Hampshire, England, UK
2 people made this
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 7 chillies, seeds in (go on, I dare you!)
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1.5L cold water
- 1 star anise
- 2 heads chicory, sliced
- zest and juice of 2 lemons
- salt and pepper, to taste
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:40min ›Ready in:1hr
- Fry the onions in a little oil until soft in a large lidded wok or stock pot. Add peppers, chillies, cauliflower, garlic and cook and stir gently, moving everything around. Crumble in the stock cube then pour in the water and add the star anise.
- Bring to the boil and then add chicory and simmer for 30 minutes with lid on (have a shower or a little dance in the kitchen).
- Add lemon juice and season to your taste remove star anise and discard. Ladle into warmed bowls and serve.
You could add a splash of vinegar or sake to give a mellow kick.